Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Talking with my bro.

I call my brother a lot. He is a smart guy and his opinion matters to me. I have this imaginary book and in that book is a list of people whose opinion matters to me. It was actually part of a comeback if a person was trying to force their opinion on me, I pull out this imaginary book and I tell that person while I open the imaginary book that I'm looking at the list of people whose opinion matters to me and he is not on that list.

A nurse taught me that when I was in Rockingham, North Carolina. She was a strong person and was a mentor. She was one of the few persons I've met in life who taught me so much about nursing.

The talk was made over cell phone. My brother was in the end of a mile walk from the Kite festival and there I was bugging him about my financial concerns and work related worries. He had experience about short term unemployment. I was unemployed after a layoff but I qualified for unemployment benefits. This time, no such thing as I am a nurse and nurses can always find work. I did have work but it's registry so its a bit irregular.

We talked about spending and how to go about my plans to move to the Bay area. I decided to stay here in the LA area for now until I get the experience I needed for travel nursing. The traveling industry has different standards than hospitals. Traveling agencies wanted 6 mons experience in the specialty you want to work in. I worked 2 years in rehabilitation nursing so I can only work in rehab and nursing home. That was a bit degrading considering I had 9 years of critical care experience. What ever, that is the industry of travel nursing.

I have a few leads for permanent work and was working on them. I had to be patient for the good jobs comes to those who wait.

Brother also reminded me to stay positive with my attitude. Thinking of good events so that they will manifest themselves to me. I believe in this as it has happened to me. I think of owning a home and being patient about it. The home manifest it self and it will be ten years now since I bought my home.

As we talk about work, my registry called and told me they found a hospital closer to me than the one in Orange County. There it is again, manifesting itself while I was being patient with getting an assignment closer to home. Amazing isn't it.

He told me that leaving the former employer means the universe is telling me to change. This change can be challenging. The cahnge I am thinking now will be changing my situation for the better. Trying to reach my goal for that past three years of moving to the Bay area. There will be a lot of letting go of material things, the few friends that I have in the LA area, the familiar places that I enjoy visiting. I am now open for new places, better things, healthier air, better social connections and closer to family. Changes that will bring a better life. Okay universe, I am ready. Let's do it.