Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Accomplishments.

When there is no work available from the nursing registry I work with, I need to accomplish something worthwhile. In the past, I have done gardening, cleaning the pool, washing the car, grooming the dog, and other home maintenance duties.

Tonight it's my bedroom curtains. The old curtains just about had it. They've been up since I moved in. They have holes and just filthy. I tore them out of the rails and straight to the garbage can. They are not salvageable, they deserve a good burial.

I went to my favorite store, WalMart. This one is open 24 hrs. Target should have a store open as long. They are missing out on my shopping money. Anyway, I looked around for something I can block the light from my window. I have a large window 94 inches wide X 40 inches high. They have a variety of products that can do the job but the most stylish are curtains. One brand is called the Eclipse (TM). It blocks 99.9% of light. Hey, that is almost 100%. It's made of soft, multi weave fabric. I chose the dark blue one as the other colors and fabric designs are not my liking. It's plain fabric without the flowery designs. I also chose to use a simple curtain rod with a spherical end design. There are a lot of choices and fortunately they are priced the same.

Hanging the hardware was simple. Cleaning the windows and the window sill inside was yucky but necessary evil. I'm not hanging a brand new curtain around a dirty window. The curtain was just enough to cover the window's width. The widest size they sell is 52 inches wide. I'm wondering if I need another panel. I'll try this two for now. I hope this solves the light problem that wakes me up at 2:30 in the afternoon when the sun sets at my window. I also hope it keeps my room cool.