Masakit ang ulo ni Basagulo.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Photo shoot, Fall 2008. (and pre-party preparation)

I'm back in the bay area for the 3rd annual Twins Birthday extravaganza. This time it will be on a Sunday as the Day in the Park event will make parking a hellish event and my sister doesn't want to hear the possible complaints by party goers if they have to walk half a mile for parking. Moving the party the day after Day in the Park event will make it more pleasant for the party goers.

I got up early about 7 am this Sat morning. Had breakfast prepared by my brother in law. Coffee and bagels. It was nice. Hit the spot as they say. Sister went to volunteer at the Day in the Park event to take people's blood pressure as a free service for hypertension monitoring. I on the other hand went to see my brother to pick up my white and blue paper background for the photo shoot. He lives on the main land of the bay area so I have to drive across the Bay bridge. The drive was not bad but he return route looks packed like a parking lot.

I was back by 1:00 pm and started setting up my portable studio. All was well when I found out that I left my flash mounts at home. Oh well, deal with it. I have to substitute a larger flash unit. The background lighting will not be even but it's better than none.

I took about 300 photos. Not all were good, that is why the word "edit" was invented. Editing was the most tedious task for me. I hate picking the best shot when there can be several.

I worked 3 hours of shooting and was dead tired by the end of the afternoon. Dinner was stuffed chicken with gravy. Yummy stuff, well worth the hard work I did.

After dinner, we made a sign-up board for the twins' party. A white hard board, an 8x10 photo, two 4x6 photos, fancy scissors, colored construction board and a set of glitter lettering are all needed for this project. After that we spent a few moments to separate 14 balloons all tangled up in a bunch. My sister has a set of warming trays that we set up and covered a couple of tables with colored table cloths.

After all this we started watching Harold and Kumar, Escape from Guantanamo Bay. Funny movie but lots of nudity.